Accruent software consisted of five client server contract applications built in Visual Basic for Build Outs, Professional Services, Intellectual Property, Equipment, and General Contracts. Each vertical’s solution had a unique interface, work flow, layout and navigation.
I was contracted for a redesign of these five standalone Contract Software solutions, which were being consolidated into a single Enterprise Contract Management suite, to be rebuilt in a Rich Internet Application suite.
Methodology: Scrum, 2 month iterations
- Requirements analysis, Redesign Strategic development.
- Application audits.
- Documentation of existing interface architecture using schematics, and wireframes.
- Contextual Observation, Interviews and Testing with Customers.
- Task and Work Flow analysis and design.
- Style Guide and User Interface Standards design and development.
- User Interface Interaction Models and Navigation Models.
- Development of Wire Frames, Annotated Wireframes and click through HTML Prototypes.
- UAT Customer Validation with Prototypes and Annotated Wireframes.
Example Assignment: Audit and Redesign of existing functionality for abstracting contractual obligations in order to provide a usable extensible interface across all contract types.
Design Opportunity: Accruent had an existing Contract application, which had core functionality, buried in tabs within a popup that was accessed from a buried link within a table in the main screen. This access to functionality was symptomatic to the application at large.
My job was to identify the important features and flatten the design in order to make this functionality and the feedback of inputs obvious and easy to manipulate. Along with this I was tasked to make functionality ubiquitous for all of Accruents offerings allowing one screen to have the functionality of similar screens in five applications.
Legacy System: Buried functionality split arbitrarily into multiple popups, which were themselves buried in tables
Redesign: Flattened functionality to one screen with features organized to optimize workflow